FECCA has been working with the Federal Government and other organisations to administer the CALD COVID-19 Health Small Grants Fund. This Fund helped multicultural community groups lead grassroots communication activities around COVID-19 and the vaccination rollout, targeting CALD communities.
This is funded by the Federal Department of Health and was implemented in collaboration with The Settlement Council of Australia, Migration Council Australia, and The Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network.
The CALD COVID-19 Small Grants Fund
With the success of the COVID-19 Small Grants Fund, the Department of Health extended the funding for additional projects. FECCA administered grants of at least $5000 for projects that actively had the following objectives:
- Addressed barriers to accessing information on COVID-19 and the vaccination program and the recent inclusion of booster shots and vaccinations for 5-11 years old.
- Provided the opportunity for communities to identify and respond to issues and concerns surrounding COVID-19 and the vaccination program
- Provided accurate and culturally relevant information on the COVID-19 Vaccination Program
- Fostered community involvement and participation
- Encouraged partnerships among community organisations
FECCA also considered proposals for larger grants for organisations that have successfully completed previous Small Grants Projects. Projects that have had a wide reach, good collaboration, and successful strategy were highly regarded.
Please get in touch with our Small Grants Team if interested to apply for this grant: email@example.com
To see some of the amazing work done through these grants, visit the Small Grants Project Page.