Call for Expressions of Interest
The EnCOMPASS: Multicultural Aged Care Connector program is a partnership between FECCA and local community organisations to provide navigational support to older people of Culturally And Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds and their communities to access the aged care system and other supports.
FECCA has been funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health to lead the EnCOMPASS program until June 2023.
The objectives of the program are to:
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- To improve understanding of the challenges faced by seniors from CALD backgrounds, their families and carers when navigating ageing and the aged care system;
- To develop solutions to address the challenges and barriers faced by older people from CALD backgrounds when navigating the aged care system;
- Empower and support people from CALD backgrounds through their engagement with the My Aged Care call centre and website;
- Provide a greater understanding to people from CALD backgrounds of ageing, the aged care system and the supports that are available to them; and
- Increase the number of people from CALD backgrounds who access appropriate aged care services and supports which meet their needs.
To deliver the program, local partners will be subcontracted by FECCA to engage a 1.0 FTE Specialist Support Worker (called EnCOMPASS Connectors) to provide information and one-on-one case management to seniors from CALD backgrounds through a strengths-based and no-wrong-door approach. EnCOMPASS Connectors will support seniors regardless of level or complexity of need.
Local partners and their EnCOMPASS Connectors will also deliver a series of community development activities to build the knowledge and ability of their community in ageing, aged care and to support their seniors.
Would your organisation like to be part of EnCOMPASS?
FECCA has selected 23 locations around Australia for the EnCOMPASS program to operate. These locations have been selected based on research using data from the 2016 Census showing where there are greater numbers of people aged 55 and over from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
FECCA is currently welcoming Expressions of Interest from potential local partners who would like to deliver the EnCOMPASS in one of these areas. EOIs can be submitted until 30 June 2021.
If you would like to receive an Expression of Interest pack, including an application form with additional information including a list of locations where EnCOMPASS will operate, please enter your details in the form below: