The Federation of Ethnic Communities’ Council of Australia (FECCA), Australia’s peak multicultural organisation, and partnership of 22 organisations, launch the EnCOMPASS Multicultural Aged Care Connector Program to improve access to culturally appropriate aged care services.
FECCA Chief Executive Officer, Mohammad Al-Khafaji congratulated the selected EnCOMPASS partners on their strong commitment to serving the community and thanked them for partnering to deliver this program.
“Congratulations to the selected EnCOMPASS partners who have demonstrated strong commitment to helping aging multicultural Australians, and who will continue to serve the community. I look forward to their partnership with us as we deliver this important program.” said Mr Al-Khafaji
Many older people from migrant backgrounds struggle with the complexity of the aged care system and unable to access services. This program sets to address this issue.
“There are hundreds of distinct multicultural communities in Australia with their own ways of caring for elders. They are seeking the support that could help them navigate the complex system and respond to their cultural needs.” said Mr Al-Khafaji
“EnCOMPASS partners have strong connection to community and they will work hard to ensure older persons from multicultural backgrounds can access aged care services when they need it.” said Mr Al-Khafaji.
Funded by the Commonwealth department of Health, EnCOMPASS will service 30 sites across Australia until December 2022. EnCOMPASS will provide guides and tools to assist the future Care Finder program to deliver culturally-appropriate service in communities.
Selected partners are:
- Multicultural Communities Council of Illawarra
- Australian Nursing Home Foundation
- Ethnic Community Services Cooperative
- Advance Diversity Services
- CASS Care
- Multicultural Care
- Western Sydney MRC
- Multicultural Disability Advocacy Association
- Islamic Women’s Association of Australia
- Multicultural Council of the Northern Territory
- Inala Community House
- World Wellness Group
- Australian Refugee Association
- Uniting SA
- Multicultural Communities’ Council of SA
- Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania
- Southern Migrant and Refugee Centre
- Sunraysia Mallee Ethnic Communities Council
- Metropolitan Migrant Resource Centre
- Chung Wah Association
- Umbrella Community Care
For media inquiries contact: 0401 125 370 or firstname.lastname@example.org