Position Title: Policy Officer or Senior Policy Officer
Status: Full time
Hours: 75 per fortnight
Remuneration: $65,000-$68,000 (depending on experience) per annum plus superannuation
FECCA is the peak, national body representing Australians from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. FECCA’s role is to advocate and promote issues on behalf of its constituency to government, business and the broader community.
FECCA strives to ensure that the needs and aspirations of Australians from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds are given proper recognition in public policy.
We work to promote fairness and responsiveness to our constituency in the delivery and design of government policies and programs. We promote multiculturalism as a core value that defines what it means to be Australian in the 21st century.
The position reports to the FECCA CEO.
Duties to include
- Provide high level advice on selected policy areas impacting Australians from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Provide intellectual and analytical input into identifying issues, and developing policy solutions on issues, relating to multicultural access and equity, migration, and community relations.
- Identify, prepare and complete selected consultations with community and other stakeholders.
- Provide high level policy input, develop submissions and other substantive documents to inquiries and policy reviews.
- Organise and provide secretariat support to selected FECCA Committees, including organising teleconferences, taking minutes, and facilitating information distribution to Committee members.
- Provide advice on issues and other activities as identified by the CEO, including support for FECCA events and representation of FECCA at such events.
- Exemplary written skills demonstrated through policy, submission, correspondence and/or report drafting.
- Understanding and experience of government processes, policy development and NGOs.
- Sound understanding of a broad range of issues impacting Australians from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills, including strong research skills and the capacity to evaluate, synthesise and critically analyse complex issues.
- High level consultative skills including the ability to deal with tact with a wide range of stakeholders, many of whom may be of culturally, linguistically, racially or religiously diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle several tasks at once, to be highly self-motivated, flexible and to be able to work under pressure in an often stressful and busy environment.
- Ability to work professionally as part of a team in a positive and supportive manner.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft office.
Applications addressing the selection criteria, your CV and contact details for two professional referees should be e-mailed to email@example.com using the subject line: Policy Officer or Senior Policy Officer.
Applications are due by COB 16 August 2018.